êkö® Ultra-Portable LIFETIME Utensils
EkoWareUSA® makes handy sustainable products w/ authentic materials; no petroleum-based or multi-phase chemical synthetics. Plastics like GFN, PC, PE or Fiber Glass Plastic has a cheap feel that will eventually degrade releasing toxins over time and/or is difficult to recycle. Lighter weight doesn’t mean quality.
êkö Ti-Ultra UNLOCKED. Pure CP1 Titanium Upgrade.
The Core êkö Product is designed as an ultra-portable, no-fuss 3-in-1 cutlery solution made that they’ll be more convenient to carry and use instead of resorting to using single-use. It comes in a sturdy machine/hand washable pouch/napkin. êkö was conceived of during a South Pacific dive trip with eco-minded friends as a way to curb our reliance on single-use plastic flatware use which ends up as pollution or, even worse, in our oceans & ecosystems. We want to help change this.
êkö is designed to be an ultra-portable and no-fuss personal cutlery solution for take-out, picnic, travel, and outdoor adventures near or far. It’s also a COVID measure when eating out-and-about. The custom-designed food-grade 304 stainless steel (and now Pure Titanium) fork & spoon set features grip slots as well as soft serrations to cut through cooked or soft foods for lefties & righties alike. There are no moving parts that can fail nor are there nooks and crannies to clean in this solid-state design. Each êkö is 10.5 cm long & weighs 200g; lightweight & minimal. A machine-washable soft cotton linen roll-up pouch wraps the kit small enough to fit easily into a pocket, bag, or purse. êkö is patent pending.
êkö comes with a soft cotton linen roll-up pouch that is machine or hand-washable. It can also be used as a napkin! Carry the versatile kit, just the spork, or more than one set to suit your preferences. It’s simply designed to be a personal Everyday Carry (EDC) utensil set that is convenient and practical.. a sustainable alternative to single-use flatware!
Global Climate Change is real. êkö is designed with these stats in mind:
- The average American uses 240+ disposable single-use flatware a year.
- 1/3 of recyclable and compostable flatware ends up as litter, landfill, or worse.
- Biodegradable flatware requires an additional industrial process to degrade.
- Wood flatware uses trees & leaves a high carbon footprint as a single-use.
- Fiber Glass (Fiber Reinforced Plastics) will eventually degrade releasing toxins.
- The effects of single-use refuse on our ecosystems & biodiversity is alarming.
- Millions of pieces of single-use cutlery are made and discarded worldwide because they are a cheap, forlorn, archaic, solution from another era.
Pure CP1 Titanium
The vision for this project is simple: to create a conveniently compact easy-to-use & carry cutlery kit to help end single-use while making out-and-about eating adventures more pleasant.. using single-use flatware sucks not only for the environment but for eating experiences- it’s like drinking wine or other beverages from a plastic cup.